Monkey Mind Mandala
Monkey riding a tortoise. Mandala in progress. Images from dreams during the period just before Dad passed away. He kept seeing visions of his own father whenever he closed his eyes. We spoke about this and so many other things during the three intensive months as he lay dying. Our conversations may have prompted my own dreams of my Chinese grandfather during that period. This mandala represents elements from those dreams. Both the dream and the mandala make me smile and I thought I’d share the in progress drawings.As with all my mandala drawings, the process is meditative, calming, soothing and freeing all at once. On a whimsical level, this image makes me think of my dad, born in the Chinese year of the monkey, riding on the tortoise’s back, on a journey to the next mode of existence. Hey, it’s my dream, I can analyze it however I wish.
About reneetamaraWriting about death, mental illness, spirituality, art and perfume. Because beauty feeds the soul, and love is beyond what we think.
- Talk to me like I’m Five Years Old
- Black Like Me and Racial Ambiguity
- Lady of Guadalupe Drawing Meditation, an Act of Self Compassion
- April is the Cruelest; Here Comes the Sun
- What I See: Healing Hand Mandala
- What I See: A Wolf, A Parrot, A Bear – Oh MY! Friendship Mandalas
- Death: Dear Archetype of Transformation
- Fragrant New Year 2015
- Merry Christmas
- Kiss the Joy